Tuesday, February 19, 2008

love is...

I love to celebrate love. Isn't it fun to have one day a year entirely dedicated to warm fuzzy things? (the opposite is true for me as well. I don't really like October purely because it's all about celebrating mean yucky things.)

DJ and I celebrated love by going to Olive Garden. It's yummy, but it brings an interesting crowd on Valentines Day. I mean seriously, are there that many fourteen year old boys who are confident enough to take a girl out on a day that's all about commitment? At one point during our meal, I had to turn to DJ and thank him for not giving me a human-sized teddy bear right before we walked in the restaurant. He said he thought about it. We only got one picture, and of course I was half-closing my eyes, but DJ was embarrassed when I wanted to ask the waitress to retake it.

As his present, I gave him tickets to Brian Regan.


If you know DJ at all, then you know that he is a huge fan. He can quote literally every joke on all his published CDs, DVDs, or You Tube vignettes.


I must say, the money paid was totally worth it. We laughed from start to finish and were literally exhausted by the end.


I highly recommend his show-if he is touring close to where you are, you should definitely go!

In other news, we have a neighbor. He comes over a lot. And tests our patience. His name is Dylan.


I saved the best for last. The day before Valentines Day, my nephew, Aaron Isaac Frandsen, was born. He was 9 lbs 8 oz, 22 inches long, and so adorable. I'm so sad I'm not there to watch my brother and sister-in-law as they begin this adventure. I know they'll be incredible parents. Good luck Jonny and Melinda!

16 comments:

Amy said...

I love the randomness of the neighbor kid. Makes me laugh.

Courtnie said...

How old is your neighbor friend. . .he probably comes over really randomly and at inconvenient times. . .like when you are in a hurry and stuff. How annoying!

Pitcherpost said...

You and DJ are just perfect for eachother and you look super cute, even in the eyes half closed picture. Zach and I got eachother a big nothing for Valentine's day, but we did go to Thai Me Up, yum!

Amy F said...

Thanks for posting. It gave me warm fuzzies. What a thoughtful gift for DJ... one that you can enjoy, too!

Oh, there's Dylan. Hello Dylan.

And perhaps we should note that the person holding Aaron in the picture is NOT his father...

libby said...

Ummm, yeah. The boy in the picture with Aaron is my little brother Lafe, who is also adorable (aren't you Lafe?).

Courtney, welcome to the blog! It's good to hear from you!

Melanie, Thai Me Up=greasy heaven.

MJ said...

I'm so glad Aaron made it on your blog. :) We sure had a lot to celebrate on Valentine's day. I must say that I never expected to be in the hospital with our newborn boy, but it was a sweet night. The hospital cook even brought an extra tray for Jonny. We can't wait for you to meet Aaron in person.

Stephanie said...

Take luck! Good Care!

Jill T said...

You don't like October? That's one of my favorite months! However, I must admit I gained a new appreciation for October after I had babies, Halloween is so much more fun with little kids in cute costumes, instead of scary teens in gory costumes.

Glad you got a picture of the 2 of you on V-day. At least you have one. Somehow my only pictures of the day are of my kids. I guess they're my loves too.

Cute Lafe and Aaron!

Stephen said...

people need to calm down with their exclamation points (jill).

kristen said...

oh my gosh- we have the exact same ideas for celebrating love...hehe. and i thought the picture was totally cute!

Amy F said...

Stephen... she only used two. Sheesh!!

Hina Schneider said...

You guys look so good. We wish you both the best with your performing arts which I love to see your pictures they are fantastic and we wish DJ the best in dental school I bet it is really hard but he is a smart boy and you guys will do well. Hope to see you two when your in town.

Brooklet said...

Cute, cute baby boy!

Sorry that you didn't get the teddy bear- maybe next year!

Amy F said...

I think your trip to the Keys deserves a post?!!? Hope you guys are back and well-rested, ready for the grind of life in the cold again...

Amy F said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina said...

Hey Libby! We are making our blog private tomorrow so send me an email to gina_ut@hotmail.com so I can send you an official invite. Thanks!